Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You're not a picture on my wall anymore

You're not a picture on my wall anymore. It's been tucked away in an album, closed off from the world. Only I know its there. A portirt of love, so hidden.
You used to be the light in my eyes, the 'hello' i couldn't wait for. The One.
Your the reason my knee's went weak and why i had confidence in myself. Your the arms that would embrace me when it seemed the whole world was falling apart. Your the one i see when i close my eyes. I have this image of love, that no one gets close to. Your the one who seen me at my worst and loved me more becuase of it. Your the one who knows me best and yet never walked away.
Looking through these old photographs, its hard to believe that this much time has passed and left us in different directions. You first one i shared my hopes and dreams with...the one i could look stupid in front of, and you would take it upon yourself to look stupid right along with me....or at least die laughing while trying.
I see your family...our old friends and im ok. Our song doesn't make me sad anymore....but when i hear your name and see us together...it's a lost cause.
Your the one who would stay up all hours of the night discussing the complexities of nothingness. Your the one who would get and and sing karoke with me....even when i was embarassed. You were my first love. my first kiss. my first best friend.
You were the one that could make me smile even when it hurt, even when i didn't want to.
You are the one who showed me it's ok to cry. to laugh...to live life.
You are the one who showed me the steps. You are the one i felt at home with.
In my mind, i see you standing there, a devilish grin and gleaming eyes says it all. Never a dull moment when you are around.
Now I'm looking through all these faded photographs, faded memories and realizing how much i miss my best friend. And that your not a picture on my wall anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment