Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You

We were thick as theives...you and me. I never thought the day I said goodbye, i would be loosing my best friend. I've played it over and over in my head, things i could have said...things that shouldn't have been said-but the outcome is still the same. I'm still here and your far away. You've moved on and so have i....but i miss my friend. We would stay up all night talking...dreaming. You were the one who understood me...who seen it all first hand. When i cry myself to sleep I don't have to explain to you how I'm feeling or why I'm feeling it-becusase you were there...you know me. Your memory haunts me like a ghost...the smallest things tear me apart. I don't regret the decision i made...i just...i miss my friend. You know where i come from....the places i wanted to escape to. You were the first to witness my heart...my desires and aspirations. You were the one i could look stupid in front of...i wasn't worried because before long you were joining in with me. You were the one i went to when my world was falling apart...you knew just what to say...or just how to shutup when i needed you to listen.
Sometimes it's hard to face reality knowing your not in my life anymore....do you ever feel the same? Or is your life full and complete. Do you wake up knowing your purpose or do you constantly feel an empty void? Do you ever miss me?
Your family...who at one time were more or less mine, now don't know how to act around me...what to say. I never thought I'd ever feel this way. It would be you and I taking on the world. I had a dream last night. You were there and it was real. I told you how much i missed you and wished you were still here....and you just knew. it was so real i didn't want to wake up. To be able to call you friend again was such an indescrible feeling. It felt like a homecoming. To have you in my life again. I'm glad God gave us the time we had together...but wish I wouldn't have wasted what He gave us. A part of me wants you to know....but in the end it doesn't matter. I love you now and forever-no matter the circumstances. My best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment